now browsing by month
Posted by: Assegid | on November 19, 2013
Success Pathways’ newsletter- Herald of Success- in its 8th edition covered the theme “Is your strategy working?”:
1. You need to have a well thought out strategy to pursue and realize your vision.
2. You shouldn’t initiate strategy development to just tackle challenges. You should also consider crafting strategies to tap into the available opportunities too.
3. However, make sure you don’t lose who you’re, and what you stand for accidently as you craft new strategies and/or as you change your existing strategies.
4. Develop a strategic planning document. The process of brainstorming, drafting, and writing down the details of your strategy has many advantages. But it should be a living document where you should revise it frequently.
5. Strategies are causes, and the results you achieve at the end of the day are the effects. Have you seen increase in your revenue and rate of production, cost and lifecycle reductions, increase in clients, and so on? If the results are unsatisfactory, you need to change the cause, in this case, the underlining strategy. That is why Winston Churchill noted, “However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results”.
6. Result in quantity shouldn’t be the only measure to know whether your strategy is working. What kind of quality changes the strategy have brought? Have you seen improvement in your products, services, operations, customer satisfaction, and other important parameters?
7. Even if a strategy is successful, in whose expense is the question? A strategy might have brought the needed results and promoted changes but if it squashed what you value the most such as your values and people as they implement the strategy, you may need to revisit this strategy. You should also measure the kinds of impacts it brought on your stakeholders and partners.
Let me stop here. However:
- Note that my book entitled “The 9 cardinal building blocks for continued success in leadership” will soon be published. We will notify you as soon as the book is out. The book provides lots of insights, reality checks, processes and steps, measurements as you lead strategy-driven life and business. The book provides frameworks for both long-term and short-term strategic planning, considerations as you craft your strategies, and items you should include in your strategic planning document. Stay tuned…
- In the meantime, I will continue to share with you more contents and videos from the book. You may subscribe to our YouTube Channel so that you may be notified as soon as we upload future videos.
- I also encourage you to join our social networks. Go to our website (www.successpws.com) and you will find the various social media icons at the top right hand corner. I reflect on a daily basis and share my thoughts, and the thoughts of many great leaders on our social network sites. Therefore, don’t miss this opportunity to get a daily dose of inspiration, wisdom, and encouragement.
If you may have any questions or comments, please feel free to write me email at email@example.com or give me a call at 703-895-4551.
Looking forward to hear from you.