Is your organization purpose-oriented? Check it out (excerpt)
Before you read the excerpt below about some of the key features of Purpose-oriented organizations and whether your organization is purpose-oriented, I encourage you to quickly read the following excerpts concerning discovering and pursuing your purpose from my new book entitled ‘The Highest Level of Greatness’.
1. What I found out in my conversations concerning purpose
2. The four grand truth about purpose
3. My conversation with Ken about purpose-oriented lifestyle
4. About my little life and the path I have followed in the discovery and pursuit of my purpose
III. Purpose-oriented organization
An organization is purpose-oriented when:
• The founders/leaders know their individual purpose.
• The organization has a unique purpose/mission.
• The organization’s motive for its formation is not just making profits, rather, a very strong cause bigger than just making money.
• It hires key team members who share its purpose and promote to key leadership positions those who are loyal to the mission.
• The organization’s brand directly reflects the mission of the organization.
• The organization’s culture serves its purpose.
• Key stakeholders, partners, and alliances commonly share the purpose of the organization.
• The main thing of the organization directly contributes toward the advancement of the mission of the organization.
• All portfolios, programs, and projects directly contribute toward the fulfillment of the mission get top priority in terms of time and resources.
All those who attained purpose-oriented greatness either formed an organization (association, business, team, etc.) or joined a purpose-oriented organization. Either way, the organization was solely dedicated to the realization of its unique mission. It had purpose-oriented leaders and hired people who shared its purpose. Mahatma Gandhi, who knew the power of establishing and running a purpose-oriented organization, said: “A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.” No wonder why he altered the course of history.
Purpose-oriented employees, fulfilled at work
It is not just the top leader (s) gets fulfilled from forming and running a purpose-oriented organization. Other leaders and team members who joined the organization since they shared its purpose (mission/cause) are purpose-conscious. They too find fulfillment from their work and participation.
Let me share with you some statistics:
A 2015 research by Imperative disclosed that purpose-oriented employees are more likely to have a 20% longer expected tenure, and 65 % more likely to experience a high level of fulfillment in their work.
Deloitte’s 2014 survey “Found that focusing on purpose rather than profits builds business confidence and drives investment.” The same survey conducted in 2013 found out that “91% of respondents (executives and employees) who said their company had a strong sense of purpose also said their company had a history of strong financial performance.”
Organizations that articulated their purpose well and streamlined everything along their purpose succeeded more than those which failed to do so. A purpose-oriented organization has strong competitive advantages. It attracts loyal customers and fans who share its purpose. That is why Simon Sinek- the author of ‘Start With Why’, said: “People don’t buy what you do. They buy why you do it.”…
Taken from the book ‘The Highest Level of Greatness’, page 74 – 76. You can read more about the book by click here…
To read the press release, click here…
If you would like to check out the Table of Content, click here…
Contact the author if you’re interested him to speak at one of your future events, contact us. Tel: 703-895-4551 or email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to get updates, future excerpts, and related events, follow us on social media by going to the top right corner of this page. You may also subscribe to our YouTube channel to get alerts when we upload video clips. You may also subscribe to our newsletter for free: