Success Pathways, LLC (SPW) was established in 2010. SPW is MBE based in Maryland, USA.
SPW is the place Where Pathways for Success are Paved!
To accomplish its mission, SPW provides various products and services (Pathways) to individual professionals, business owners, and organizations.
The company offers:
2. Project management,
3. Business and managerial training, and
4. Leadership workshops.
Our programs are designed to:
1. Prepare the unemployed workforce for employment;
2. Empower employees to improve performance and operational efficiency, create synergy among all key stakeholders, boost employee morale, reinforce alignment, increase profitability; and
3. Equip managers and supervisors with leadership skills.
4. SPW customizes its programs to align with our clients’ needs. No two programs on the same theme are ever the same since we take extra measures to tailor each program and makes it appropriate and timely to address the particular challenges of our clients from diverse industries. Our programs are dynamic, engaging. Participants find them educational, and fun at the same time.
1. SPW is a certified MBE
II. Introducing the owner Assegid (AZ) Habtewold is passionate about empowering individuals, organizations, and communities to tap into their greatness, and become great professionals, business owners, and leaders. AZ used to be a youth leader in the early 90’s and president of the largest university students’ union in Ethiopia in the late 90’s. He was also the host of two TV shows (The Hour of Empowerment, and The WWH Show) at a community TV station in Virginia that produced educational programs.
In the past, he worked as a:
- Researcher at an international research institute, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 2000 – 2005.
- Production Operator and Software Engineer at a multinational corporation, Virginia, US, 2005 – 2007.
- Webmaster for his University, Virginia, US, 2005 – 2006.
- Trainer at Success Pathways since 2007 plus a contractor trainer for world class technology, and management consulting and training companies. For example, AZ has been:
- Providing training on technical skills, and facilitating workshops on some soft skills for IT professionals in the IT-Ready programs sponsored by CompTIA and Per Scholas.
- Facilitating interactive leadership workshops (Team building, Listening ability, Conflict management, Diversity and inclusiveness, Time management, Change management, and so on) for managers of some institutes within National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Participating in coaching managers and leaders to sharpen their presentation skills for high impact in government agencies such as General Services Administrations (GSA), and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- Conducting Project Management related public seminars with companies such as SkillPath and National Seminars.
- Providing consulting services for companies such as ICATT Consulting.
- Offering soft skill business and managerial skill workshops for companies in the DC metro area.
He has the following degrees:
- Doctor of Strategic Leadership, Virginia, US, 2013.
- Masters in Computer Science, Virginia, US, 2007.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 2000.
- And other certifications including but not limited to CompTIA A+, and Project Management Professional (PMP) from PMI
AZ published three books on leadership:
a) Redefining Leadership, and
b) The 9 Cardinal Building Blocks for continued success in leadership
c) Soft Skills That Make or Break Your Success
He is also a member of the following professional associations:
- National Speakers Association
- Association for Talent Development (Formerly known as ASTD)
- Project Management Institute
- International Society for Performance Improvement
- Toastmasters International
- Maryland Writers Association…
“Assegid (AZ) Habtewold has been a member of our team since May 2014. He is an experienced trainer who has provided both technical, and professional development training for our programs. His style of training is interactive – he engages students from the time they enter the room. AZ offers a strong balanced approach to training, and facilitating at times giving the participants’ opportunities to present, share their stories, and ask questions. AZ loves to use metaphors, stories, and experience. He is not a lecturer but one who is able to engage and keep the participants focused on the topics, and the objectives. His focus is students’ learning while creating a meaningful experience, and his ability to leverage multiple adult learning techniques, and a balanced approach is certainly effective. I admire AZ’s professionalism, and his commitment to deliver beyond our expectations. He is loved and respected by our students, and have achieved 100% certification results in each program. AZ is a pleasure to work with, and a valued asset to our team at A Critical Path.”
Adam Turner, Director of Training, A Critical Path Inc.
“On March 25, 2015, Dr. Assegid “AZ” Habtewold was the Keynote Speaker at Take Flight Toastmasters club. The meetings are held in the NASA Federal Credit Union in Greenbelt, MD. Dr. Assegid “AZ” Habtewold is a very dynamic and charismatic Keynote Speaker. His speech title was “Mitigating Culture Shock”. He immediately engages his audience and connects with them during his entire presentation. He is highly motivated and interesting. Dr. Habtewold displays a pleasant demeanor and is very polished and poised. He is very professional and adapts well to any environment. He can be relied upon to fulfill his commitment. He is very knowledgeable and uses relevant examples in his presentation to emphasize his points. It was a pleasure working with him and listening to his speech. The speech was very thought provoking and with this awareness it will help to reduce conflict in your personal and professional life. I highly recommend Dr.AZ as a Motivational Speaker.”
Dr. Vernia T. Coleman, D.Min. former Area 42 Governor and President of Take Flight Toastmasters Club
“I have worked with Assegid Habtewold over the past six months in delivering a variety of leadership programs. These include Leading Change, Conflict and Negotiations, and Diversity and Inclusion. I have found Assegid to be a very effective presenter who connects well with his audience. He has an engaging and open style that encourages audience participation. He brings strong content knowledge to his presentations and is able to make the concepts applicable for his audience both through his own stories and the stories he solicits from the group. On the logistics side, Assegid is unfailingly prompt and his follow-through is complete and comprehensive. I feel fortunate to have him as a colleague and partner in delivering this leadership material to a broad audience of government and business professionals.”
John McCann, Director of Learning, CI International.
“I had the opportunity to work with Assegid Habtewold “AZ” in 2014 as an instructor for Per Scholas, National Capital Region, IT-Ready project that combined both hard and soft skill trainings. He provided A+ certification training to our students with a certification rate of 100%. AZ also facilitated discussions on topics such as professionalism, safety, inclusion and cultural sensitivity, effective communication, feedback giving and receiving, team building, and conflict management in the workplace. AZ is a phenomenal, capable and knowledgeable instructor who’s able to combine career and leadership development programs into his curriculum. He is also able to infuse real life experiences throughout his training. He uses interactive discussions and group activities to help participants understand the content. He is very easy to work with, very in tuned to the needs of the group and takes feed back really well. He is a natural leader, coach, and mentor. I would highly recommend AZ as a trainer in IT certifications, and facilitator for Leadership Development, Career Development, Team Building, and other related themes.”
Bridgette Gray, Managing Director, Per Scholas, National Capital Region.
…Assegid spoke directly to the challenges facing our students and shared his own personal story about how his involvement in leadership began. He encouraged our students to set goals, realize their potential as leaders, and to fulfill that potential. The professional style and friendly demeanor Assegid possesses has made him a joy to work with. Sometimes I invite speakers to the college who are not easy accessible nor responsive when working in preparation for an event. But that was not the case with Assegid. His availability, thoughtful planning, careful attention to detail, and genuine concern shown while working with me made it a pleasure. Evaluations from participants who attended the program were almost unanimous in indicating that the speaker could relate to the participants. Participants also indicated that they were inspired, given information that was critical to their success, and that they planned to take action. Dr. Habtewold’s expertise and professionalism is exemplary. I look forward to working with him again in the near future and would recommend his services to others.
Alix Moore, Author, and President of Maryland Writers Association, Montgomery County Chapter
Thanks for your presentation which was lively, interesting and informative. One of the highlights of your presentation, in my opinion, was the assertion that everyone has the potential to be a leader. Leadership is one of the topics that rarely get enough coverage in this type of venue. And it was a delight to witness the treatment of such an important topic.
Dr. Harold E. Barber (Ed.D.), Counselor & Coordinator, International, and Multicultural Student Center, Montgomery College.
This type of presentation [Using foresight tools to strategize for the future] is useful for all scenarios- volunteer organizations, as well as professional organizations, for individuals as well as groups. The workshop was informative and inspiring. Thank you, Assegid.
I have attended two of Assegid’s speeches and I think they are amazingly motivational, inspirational, and kind of picture life’s focus for you to understand where you want to go in life and how to get there. And anybody who wants to do big things has to be motivated. I know that some of us feel that oh we prefer to stay at home and we don’t need these kinds of things. There is a reason why fortune 500 companies have different speakers to come in and talk to their employees because they are trying to get somewhere; they are trying to attain their goals. And they need a sort of light a fire and that fire will allow people to go where they need to go and accomplish the goals the company has set out to do. And I look forward to hear more of Mr. Assegid Habtewold’s speeches.