For the better part of every day, we are communicating to and with others. Whether it’s the speech you deliver in the boardroom, the level of attention you give your spouse when they are talking to you, or the look you give the cat, it all means something.
Communication has become more important in the workplace more than ever. One of MIT surveys showed that Scientists and Engineers spend the majority (70%) of their time communicating. If professionals in technical fields spend that much time in communication, you can imagine how much more other professionals are spending on communication. The question is how much effective are these communications?
The Communication Strategies workshop will help participants understand the different methods of communication and how to make the most of each of them. These strategies will provide a great benefit for any organization and its employees. They will trickle down throughout the organization and positively impact everyone involved. This workshop also empowers your people to overcome communication barriers, improve their listening ability, increase their cross-cultural communication competency, and more.
Tentative Workshop Objectives
The main goal of this workshop is to empower participants with great communication strategies, processes, and tools so that they may communicate effectively and concisely. Below are the specific objectives of the workshop (While the objectives can be modified to meet the particular needs of your team, below is a common starting point). Below are the specific objectives of the workshop:
- To highlight the significant roles communication plays for your team’s success
- To understand the main characteristics of effective communication
- To demonstrate the effects of communication barriers and how to overcome them
- To improve the para verbal and non-verbal communication abilities of participants
- To equip participants so as to speak on the spot
- To increase your people’s self awareness that leads to improved communication
- To improve the active listening
- To increase participants’ cross cultural communication competency
- And more…
Other workshops available at Success Pathways: