Turning Conflicts into Opportunities
Conflict happens everywhere. It occurs at home, in the neighborhood, the boardroom, manufacturing floor, marketplace, and workplace. Everyone experiences conflict. Wherever two or more people come together, there is bound to be conflict. The only place conflict doesn’t occur is in the graveyard. That is why dealing with conflict is important for every organization no matter what the size. If it is left unchecked or not resolved it can lead to lost production, absences, attrition, and even law suits.
In the Turning Conflicts into Opportunities workshop, participants will learn crucial conflict management skills, including dealing with anger and using the Agreement Frame. It will give participants a seven-step conflict resolution process that they can use and modify to resolve conflict disputes of any size. Your participants will be provided a set of skills in solution building and finding common ground. It also allows participants to expand their perception about why they and other people use certain conflict response modes most frequently, and their intentions when they do that. This awareness about the most preferred mode of self and other team members allow the team to understand one another and handle conflicts better if they find themselves in a conflict in the future. The workshop is designed to increase participants understanding about conflict, and play their share in turning workplace conflicts into opportunities.
The main goal of this workshop is to empower participants with the necessary skills, processes, and tools so that they may turn conflicts into opportunities and in turn master getting along with others. Below are the specific objectives of the workshop (While the objectives can be modified to meet the particular needs of your team, below is a common starting point). The workshop is designed to:
- Understand what conflict and conflict resolution mean
- Recognize all six phases of the conflict resolution process
- Explain the five main styles of conflict modes
- Be able to adapt the process for all types of conflicts
- Be able to break out parts of the process and use those tools to prevent conflict
- Be able to use basic communication tools, such as the agreement frame and open questions
- Each participant gets a well-developed workbook
- Attendees will receive a Certificate upon successful completion of the workshop
Other workshops available at Success Pathways:
- Negotiating Like a PRO
- Promoting Diversity and Embracing Inclusiveness
- Communication Strategies
- Effective Presentation Skills
- Essentials of Successful Project Management
If you would like to check out our Soft Skills Development Program for your supervisors and managers, read the proposal by clicking here. This program is based on the recently published book entitled ‘Soft Skills That Make or Break Your Success: 12 soft skills to master self, get along with, and lead others successfully’.