Essentials of Project Management
In the past few decades, organizations have discovered something incredible: the principles that have been used to create enormous successes in large projects can be applied to projects of any size to create amazing success. As a result, many employees are expected to understand project management techniques and how to apply them to projects of any size.
However, very few organizations understood that having project managers who know the ins and outs of project management don’t guarantee project success. The latter requires employees and all stakeholders understanding the essential elements of project management. In order to meet the goals of your projects, and complete them on time, within budget, and by meeting the expectations of your internal and external customers, your people need this one day workshop.
The workshop will give participants an overview of the entire project management process, as well as some practical tools, methods, and approaches that can be used right away. It also explains the most important tasks that should be accomplished and their roles under each stage of the project management process. Once participants pass through this workshop, they know what it takes a project to succeed, pitfalls to avoid, the kind of deliverables, documents, templates, instruments, procedures necessary to deliver a project on time, within budget, and by meeting the expectations of all stakeholders.
Tentative Workshop Objectives
The main goal of this workshop is to empower participants with essentials of project management. The insights, processes, and tools they gain from the workshop equip them to become successful project managers. Below are the specific objectives of the workshop (While the objectives can be modified to meet the particular needs of your team, below is a common starting point). Below are the specific objectives of the workshop:
- Define projects, project management, and project managers
- Identify the five process groups and nine knowledge areas as defined by the PMI
- Describe the triple constraint
- Perform a project needs assessment and write goals, requirements, and deliverables
- Create key project documents.
- Build a project schedule by estimating time, costs, and resources
- Understand and use the work breakdown structure
- Create project planning documents, such as a schedule, risk management plan, and communication plan
- Use planning tools, including the Gantt chart, network diagram, and RACI chart
- Establish and use baselines
- Monitor and maintain the project
- Perform basic management tasks, including leading status meetings and ensuring all documents are complete at the end of the project
- Each participant gets a well-developed workbook
- Attendees will receive a Certificate upon successful completion of the workshop
Other workshops available at Success Pathways:
- Turning Conflicts into Opportunities
- Effective Presentation Skills
- Communication Strategies
- Negotiating Like a PRO
- Promoting Diversity and Embracing Inclusiveness
If you would like to check out our Soft Skills Development Program for your supervisors and managers, read the proposal by clicking here. This program is based on the recently published book entitled ‘Soft Skills That Make or Break Your Success: 12 soft skills to master self, get along with, and lead others successfully’.