Negotiate Like a PRO
Although people often think of boardrooms, suits, and million dollar deals when they hear the word negotiation, the truth is that we all negotiate all the time. Whether where to eat with a group of friends, decide on chore assignments with your family, or asking your boss for a raise, these and similar situations involve negotiating.
Through this Negotiate Like a PRO workshop you will be able to understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, tools to use during a negotiation, and the skills needed for successful win-win negotiating.
This workshop will also give you a sense of understanding your opponent and have the confidence to not settle for less than you feel is fair. It will give you a chance to appreciate the importance of creating an atmosphere of respect, as uneven negotiations could lead to problems in the future. You will also learn ways to build trust, and in the end win-win solutions for all parties involved.
Tentative Workshop Objectives
Below are the main learning objectives of the workshop (While the objectives can be modified to meet the particular needs of your team, below is a common starting point):
- Assess the basics of negotiation
- Apply basic negotiating concepts
- Discuss the groundwork for win-win negotiation
- Analyze what information to share and what to keep to yourself
- Describe basic bargaining techniques
- Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain
- Explain how to reach consensus and set the terms of agreement
- Deal with personal attacks and other difficult issues
- Use the negotiating process to solve everyday problems
- Negotiate on behalf of someone else
- And more…
Other workshops available at Success Pathways: