Workshop on Negotiate Like a PRO
Although people often think of boardrooms, suits, and million dollar deals when they hear the word negotiation, the truth is that we all negotiate all the time. Whether where to eat with a group of friends, decide on chore assignments with your family, or asking your boss for a raise, these and similar situations involve negotiating.
Through this Negotiate Like a PRO workshop you will be able to understand the basic types of negotiations, the phases of negotiations, tools to use during a negotiation, and the skills needed for successful win-win negotiating.
This workshop will also give you a sense of understanding your opponent and have the confidence to not settle for less than you feel is fair. It will give you a chance to appreciate the importance of creating an atmosphere of respect, as uneven negotiations could lead to problems in the future. You will also learn ways to build trust, and in the end win-win solutions for all parties involved.
Tentative Workshop Objectives
Below are the main learning objectives of the workshop (While the objectives can be modified to meet the particular needs of your team, below is a common starting point):
- Assess the basics of negotiation
- Apply basic negotiating concepts
- Discuss the groundwork for win-win negotiation
- Analyze what information to share and what to keep to yourself
- Describe basic bargaining techniques
- Apply strategies for identifying mutual gain
- Explain how to reach consensus and set the terms of agreement
- Deal with personal attacks and other difficult issues
- Use the negotiating process to solve everyday problems
- Negotiate on behalf of someone else
- And more…
Negotiate Like a PRO is a very dynamic and interactive workshop. It offers multiple communication approaches your people may use in the workplace right away. The workshop is filled with great insights, latest communication models, tools, and processes that equip your employees, supervisors, and managers to take their communication ability to the next level, negotiate like a pro. We have up-to-date and well designed Workshop Manuals, Facilitator’s Guide, Icebreakers, Activities, PowerPoint Slides, and offer Certificate of Completion to all attendees upon completing the program successfully. However, if it’s necessary, we’ll be happy to work with you and customize our materials to make them relevant to your situation, meet the needs of your people, and align with your organization’s corporate culture.
This workshop is participants-centered. The facilitator doesn’t lecture. The workshop employs adult learning principles. It begins by asking participants to share their expectations from the workshop. These expectations will be checked at the end of the workshop to see if participants’ expectations are met. Once the facilitator provides background information and a story or two for each section, he then asks a series of questions that allow participants to reflect, dig deep, and through the process learn from within as they respond to the probing questions. Participants will also engage in two-pair, small, and large group discussions to learn from other fellow participants. There will be quizzes, and assignments to evaluate learning. At the end of the workshop, each participant will be given an opportunity to recognize one thing they learned, and one immediate action they take because they attended this workshop.
TYPICAL WORKSHOP AGENDA (may be modified to meet the specific needs of your team)
- Welcome and introductions
- Characteristics of successful negotiators
- The process (framework) of win-win negotiation
- Negotiation concepts such as WATNA, BATNA, WAP, and ZOPA
- Establishing common ground, and elaborating the negotiation process
- The first phase of negotiation- Exchanging information
- Bargaining techniques and how to break impasse
- Considering options and creating a mutual gain solution
- The final phase of negotiation- Closing
- Dealing with difficult issues
- Discussion on lessons learned, and immediate actions
The major deliverables expected from this workshop are as follows:
- A one-day customized workshop
- PowerPoint Slides
- Participants Manuals
- Scheduled small and large group discussions
- Customized activities
- Customized role plays
- Evaluation Form
Introducing Success PATHWAYS
Success Pathways provides interactive and dynamic organizational and leadership development workshops that add values to our customers from diverse industries. Our goal is to support our clients in creating a productive workplace that allows them to experience increased morale, harmony, teamwork, innovation, creativity, teamwork, and in turn high performance. One of the key benefits of working with Success Pathways is that we customize each of our workshop to align with our clients needs, provide case studies, and activities, games, and/or role plays that are very relevant to our clients industries. No two workshops on the same theme are ever the same. We believe that you are unique and deserve a unique experience. We also take extra measures to customize each workshop and make it appropriate and timely to address your specific organizational challenges. We endeavor to offer workshops that are dynamic and engaging that simplify the learning process and also make the whole experience educational and fun at the same time.
Some of our happy clients
- National Institutes of Health (NIH),
- A Critical Path,
- General Services Administration (GSA),
- Per Scholas,
- US Department of Agriculture (USDA),
- US Forest Services,
- Fuji Film,
- CI International,
- ICATT Consulting,
- SkillPath and National Seminars, and so on.
We have also other workshops you may be interested. Below are the links that provide you the Synopsis and Learning Objectives of the available workshops:
- Communication Strategies
- Effective Presentation Skills
- Turning Conflicts into Opportunities
- Promoting Diversity and Embracing Inclusiveness
- Essentials of Successful Project Management
If you’re interested with one or more of the above themes and would like to learn more, please contact us, and we’ll provide you the full proposal.
Please note that Success Pathways uses experienced consultant trainers. Based on your industry, the profile of participants, and your request, we can assign the right fit trainer.