now browsing by month
Theme: Shaping your writing future by crafting strategic plans now
· Do you want to survive and thrive in this globalized and highly competitive information age by developing the skill to ‘read and interpret’ what is going on within the writing industry in particular, and the world at large?
· Have you ever wondered on how strategic thinking and planning could help you tap into the available opportunities the new era presents and overcome the challenges it poses as you pursue and fulfill your writing dreams?
· You have already known the importance of having a long-term strategic plan but you never got a chance to learn the basics on how to approach it systematically and using some simple tools?
If you answered ‘Yes’ for one or more of the above questions, this experiential workshop is right for you. The workshop is interactive. There will be brief presentations, large and small group discussions, and a question-and-answer session. It is designed to empower writers like you with the necessary insights and skills that enable them to craft a long-term strategic plan using one of the strategic foresight tools.
Below are the main learning objectives. At the end of the workshop, participants will:
1. Appreciate the importance of long term strategic plan for writers, and how other industries have been using it to succeed continually,
2. Recognize the major driving and restraining forces that affect the writing industry,
3. Identify key trends that influence the industry, and
4. Learn on how to use strategic foresight tools to craft a long-term strategic plan.
Here are some of the questions that will be explored:
- Are we prepared to satisfy and meet the needs of our respective future audiences who will inhabit the coming ‘smart world’?
- What will the writing industry at large and our particular genres look like 50, 30, 20, 15 or 10 years from now?
- Are we positioned strategically now to excel in this coming smart world?
- And more…
Please note that the insights and skills you will gain from this experiential workshop not only equip you to become a strategic writer but you may also apply the skills in the workplace, and for your business.