Excelling in Your Management & Leadership Skills
Whether you are a business owner, project manager, department head, community leader, or just a professional who would like to excel in your ability to lead others, you need to attend this timely workshop. The workshop is going to be facilitated by Dr. Assegid Workalemahu Habtewold. He is an author, speaker, coach, and trainer who has been empowering managers and leaders in some government agencies, major corporations, and community organizations in the US.
You are already a leader and have achieved some form of success. However, it takes intentional growth to take your management and leadership competency to the next level. You need to learn the latest management and leadership insights, tools, approaches, and models from the experts to excel in your management and leadership competency. If your desire is to go to the next height, manage and lead others successfully, you should invest in yourself. You should be proactive and go ahead of the curve. This journey should start with developing the right mindset and some mandatory skillsets.
In this dynamic and interactive workshop, Assegid will share with you latest management and leadership insights, principles, models, tools, and approaches he has used to empower leaders in the US in the past 10 years by contextualizing them within the Ethiopia culture and workplace settings. The workshop emphasizes the importance of managing and leading yourself first before you successfully manage and lead others. You could also clearly see that you cannot manage and lead successfully without the ability to manage your scarce resources such as time, finance, and energy effectively. Managing emotions, forming and leading an effective team that functions like a well oiled-machine, properly managing your projects and change are also critical to succeed as a leader of the 21st C. Whether you are a beginner or experienced leader, whether you are at the top or in the middle, the management and leadership skills you develop in this workshop would empower you to lead 360 degree. It enables you to have continual influence wherever you may be in the organizational hierarchy.
Thus, sign up for this one-day intensive workshop to learn latest and practical management and leadership insights, models, tools, approaches, and skillsets that empower you to excel and take your leadership competency to the next level.
- Distinguish the difference between managers and leaders
- Learn how leadership starts with self
- Recognize the place of self-awareness to succeed in managing and leading others
- Acquire tools that enable to manage self and attain personal mastery
- Understand how emotions are formed and how to develop one’s emotional intelligence
- Develop the ability to tap into one’s emotions to achieve great results
- Realize the need to manage time and energy to increase productivity
- Use tools and approaches that empower one to prioritize, schedule, and protect time
- Form and lead a team that functions like a well oiled machine
- Learn the most important principles of successful project management
- Gain insights and methods to manage, lead, and finish projects successfully
- Understand how to initiative, implement and lead change in changing times
- Recognize different change models and choose the one that guides your change process
- Pinpoint the source of resistances and how to overcome resistance to change
- And more.
Target Group: Business Owners, Professionals, Supervisors, Managers, and Community Leaders.
Date: Saturday, August 3rd, 2019
Time: 9 am – 5 pm
Place: ICT Mart Bldg Arat Kilo, Behind Tourist Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Contact Info: American College of Technology (ACT) Tel: +251 95 504 0404
Pre-registration is required: To reserve your seat, sign up at Eventbrite. Limited space: First come first served basis.